UNISILKON LCA 3801 is a special lubricating grease neutral in odour and taste and based on silicone oil and a calcium soap. It has been developed primarily for valves and fittings as well as sanitary applications. UNISILKON LCA 3801 provides effective wetting even in narrow lubricating gaps and friction points that are difficult to reach.
Uniform operational smoothness is achieved with cold or hot water as the viscosity is not strongly influenced by changing temperatures, e.g. in single-lever mixers with specific surface pressures up to approx. 4 N/mm², depending on the design of ceramic cartridges.
UNISILKON LCA 3801 is resistant to many media used in the beverage industry and to acid or alkaline disinfectants but not resistant to most organic solvents and strong acids or lyes.
Benefits for your application
- For all types of material combinations like ceramics/ceramics, metal/plastic or elastomers
- With load-bearing areas between 50 and 99.9 %, good wetting behaviour and good adhesion to different material surfaces, the product ensures consistent smooth operation over the entire lifetime of the component
- Operating torque nearly constant under changing temperatures, enabling constant smooth operation up to an admissible surface pressure of approx. 4 N/mm²
- Very good resistance to both cold and hot water
- Good thermal stability even when applied in a thin film ensures a long functional lifetime of ceramic disc cartridges
- Good sealing effect and backflow from “lubricant depot”
- Compatible with most ceramics, metals, elastomers and plastics
- Approved acc. to DGW-KTW (UBA guideline), NSF 61, ACS (further approvals on request) for use in all friction points exposed to water or in permanent contact with drinking water